Monday, August 6, 2012

And the winner is?

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for help in choosing a cover for my next novel Maya and the Daring Heist. (Please see previous post.) The response was overwhelming. Thank you so much for generously offering your time and feedback. 

I tried to answer the personal emails I received, though I still have a few remaining. I apologize to the wonderful people who left comments on my blog. I fully intended to respond to each and every one of you, but the comments grew and grew and grew. Even if I didn't get a chance to individually thank you, my appreciation goes out to you now as it did when you left your comment. Thank you so much.

In the end I received feedback from 96 individuals. I wasn't expecting such a great response, but I definitely appreciate your warmth and wisdom.

So without further ado, the results are: 

 
Cover 1 received 33 votes or 34% of the votes.











Cover 2 received 26 votes or 27% of the votes.










Cover 3 received 16 votes or 17% of the votes. 





Cover 4 received 15 votes or 16% of the votes 










Cover 5 received 6 votes or 6% of the votes.









The award for most popular cover goes to Cover 1. Congratulations Cover 1. 

And, most importantly, the winner of a copy of the first book in the series Maya and the Crystal Skull... Due to the overwhelming response, I decided to give away 2 copies of Maya and the Crystal Skull - one paperback and one e-book. So you have two chances to win!

The winner is... of the paperback copy of Maya and the Crystal Skull... Michele Darmanin!

The winner is... of the e-book copy of Maya and the Crystal Skull... Liz May!


Congratulations to our winners. 

I still haven't decided which cover to use. I'm stuck between Cover 1 and Cover 2. The votes for these two covers were very close. Well, I'll keep you posted and let you know what I decide.

Thanks again to everyone who assisted me by offering feedback on the potential covers for my novel Maya and the Daring Heist. I appreciate and value your help.

Have a positively wonderful week.

For people who asked about Maya and the Crystal Skull, please find further information at the following links:

http://rnrbooksfilmmusic.com.au/maya.html
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Maya-Crystal-Skull-Robyn-Opie/9780975609675 http://www.booktopia.com.au/maya-and-the-crystal-skull/prod9781873671009.htmlhttp://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/book/maya-and-the-crystal-skull/36869066/
http://www.amazon.com/Maya-Crystal-Skull-ebook/dp/B0069WE3GK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maya-Crystal-Skull-ebook/dp/B0069WE3GK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NwL7zjB6kM

Love and Light,
Robyn Opie Parnell
http://www.robynopie.com




6 comments:

:Donna said...

Hi, Robyn :)

So glad you were able to get good feedback. My lengthy post gave many reasons I thought Cover 2 should be chosen. Of course, it's all subjective. I suggest that, if you have the two pics printed out the size of the book, place them, face front, on a book shelf and see which one is the most appealing that way. To me, that's what really matters. You want to catch people's eye and interest :)

It was fun!
Donna

Kitty Moore said...

Hi, nice to 'meet' you. I found you on the Book Writers Group on LinkedIn.

Unknown said...

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your suggestion. It's a good one and I'll do it. :)

I'd like to use Cover 1 and Cover 2 but, of course, we can only have one cover. So I'll print them both out and see which one appeals the most.

I'll also be doing author visits to schools in the next few weeks, so I'll take Covers 1 and 2 along to the schools. Kids helped me choose the cover for book one and they enjoyed voting.

Thanks again for your assistance. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed helping me.

Love and Light,
Robyn

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty,

It's nice to meet you too.

If you'd like to join my network on LinkedIn, please send me an invitation to connect.

Love and Light,
Robyn

Unknown said...

Hi Robyn,
I would like to send my sincere apologies for my delay in sending a very big thank you to you, for your wonderful gift sending me your new book. I sincerely appreciate it and hope you do not mind I will kindly donate it to one of the 15 Fijian Schools in March 2013 with our new project helping the school children with donated books.
Is that ok with you?
Thank you again, all the very best.
Shelly
Email: heart2heartsydney@yahoo.com.au
Link:
https://www.facebook.com/DonateABookToTheSchoolChildrenOfFiji?ref=hl

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly,
Lovely to hear from you as always.
I thought you might donate my novel Maya and the Crystal Skull to one of the 15 Fijian schools. I'm happy for you to do so. I'm thrilled to know that my novel is going to a good home.
All the best,
Robyn